2 Aug 2019

Island Doll Monster Pumpkin Head

I admit it, i'm a lazy bum when it comes to writing these reviews.
I'm sorry!

I still have bits to write up and photos to take nghh.

But while we wait for that, my "I NEED THIS" doll purchase from earlier in the year finally arrived a few weeks ago.




I wasn't planning to buy a doll when I logged onto Alice's Collections, I was in fact planning to get some clothing for my Iruhi.

But then this grinning face popped up and I fell in love. He's an Island Doll "Neverland" Monster. Island has really confusing lines, they don't do things by size they do them by theme and it's quite difficult to navigate I think.


I don't really know WHY, but I became obsessed with this ridiculous thing and decided I needed it in my life, immediately.

So along with those clothes, Pumpkin dropped into my basket too. Ahem.

The wait was about 2 months which isn't too bad.

ACBJD is a dealer based in China and is quite easy to deal with, though it's worth noting that while they often offer free or very low cost shipping, they DO charge paypal fees on top of whatever you're quoted which can be a bit annoying.

I was a bit worried my parcel would be held by customs and have a hefty fee on it but I got lucky. It was marked down. Phew.


Island send their dolls in a hefty cardboard box. It's not very fancy but it's a good solid box.


Inside the box there was also the clothing I had ordered from the dealer, a melamine sponge (magic eraser) and some magnets.


Under all that, wrapped in a white satin blanket/pillow was Pumpkin.


What a cheerful little dude.

He's YOSD sized so under 30cm tall and chunky as heck. He's actually quite hefty.

The pumpkin head is bright orange resin while the body is white.


I bought this outfit secondhand thinking the purple would look great with the orange. I love it.

Frilly ridiculousness lol.


I also got the hat which is a separate add on. it's black resin and came in two parts which needed to be glued together (the brim was a separate piece presumably for easier casting)

Unfortunately the magnets supplied simply aren't big enough to allow the hat to grip with enough strength to the curved sides of the head. I'm thinking larger stronger magnets might help but I don't currently have any.


I've been referring to this dude as Pumpkin so Pumpkin he shall remain.

He's a fun little dude.

The body poses fairly well for a small body. There's joints at the upper leg as well (pivotal joints?) but they don't really seem to add much.
He stands really well though, but I will say his arms don't really like to hold a pose much more extreme than "slightly bent" without wiring.

I've never had an Island Doll before and the resin quality is nice. It's heavy, it's matte, it's smooth.

Now I just need some shoes for my crazy little dude and he'll be done.

Whoo.


Also in the box were clothes. This outfit for Leif, my Featherfall Uruhi (His shoes are on order from etsy)


And Jonah, my Blue Fairy Louis got a new shirt and jumper.
His blazer was very ver difficult to get over the fairly thick jumper sleeves though, whoops?

He's doing a great job of looking rather uncomfortable.

All in all, i'm pleased with my order from Alice's Collections. I love my little Pumpkin headed critter. He's ridiculous, but I love him.


1 comment: