25 Jul 2018

The PURGE - Part 1

Here we go! The purge begins!

This is the boxes at the bottom of my wardrobe, which were the ones I didn't need a chair to access.

Prepare yourself for a lot of uncropped pictures because i'm in a hurry and don't wanna edit pics.





First up is this adorable little Mia and Me unicorn. He's about 9 inches tall and has wings that are on ball joints. I HAD to buy him when I found him a few years back because he has a proper unicorn tail (rather than a horse tail) which delighted me. You don't often see properly tailed unicorns in toys.
Okay the wings are not unicorn things but eh.

He has a weird name, Onchao or something?

He works great for small dolls like Lottie actually.

£6 + Postage.



This girl actually only just got here. She was a bit of an ebay impulse buy. I dunno. My sindy dolls are almost all in storage and so every so often I get an itch for a sindy and what I SHOULD do is go to my box of them and grab one out but instead I browse ebay and impulse buy dolls I shouldn't buy because I feel sorry for them and eugh.

Anyway she's an 80s Ballerina with typical ballerina hair. It's short and thinly rooted because pedigree were cheap.

She is pretty though.

One of her legs the "bone" inside has snapped (they often do that) and distorted the vinyl a little. One ankle looks to still pose but the other is floppy and useless.

She has typical sindy melt to the upper legs too but to be honest, given how doom and gloom the ebay seller was about her condition, as a collector of them, i'd say she's pretty good actually. *shrug*

She has a teensy little scuff on her forehead that you can see when the light hits it juuuuust right. She had dirt on her too but I cleaned her.

She'll come in this cute dress I found for her and the cowboy boots.

Cowboy boots are great for broken ankled ballerinas, helps them stand hahaha.

£15


Sweet Screams Frankie. I've hung onto her and Drac for years since buying them in Argos (this means they have argos stickers on the side of the boxes). I love them, but I never opened them due to being totally out of space. Also the boxes are cool and I felt bad about removing them when they looked so fun in there.
But yeah, mostly I had nowhere to display them so just tucked them away.

the box is a teensy bit squished. It HAS been in storage for several years and before that was in an argos warehouse. It isn't flattened though, just a bit "it's clearly been in storage for a while"

£40


Same deal with Drac. She's such a cool doll. These two were absolute pinnacle of MH coolness I think. Abbey and Ghoulia always felt like a bit of well.. afterthought after these two. These two burst in and kicked ass, then abbey and ghoulia sorta just followed after with a bit of a whimper. Pretty dolls sure, but lacking the PUNCH of the first two dolls in the wave you know?

£40


I reviewed these years ago. They're Hello Kitty Mia dolls.  http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.com/2015/02/mia-by-hello-kitty.html
they've been in a box so are a bit bedraggled looking but they're in good condition. Their hair isn't tangled it's just messy because they were in a box and I threw them onto a bed lol.

They have odd fabric tails sewn into their clothes. They're quite bizarre.

They're also REALLY heavy.


£10 for the 3 or £4 each.


These two are Dollikins or action girls. Both I think at some point were restrung because their original elastic had disintergrated. It means the redhead especially is a bit floppy.

I rerooted the red one, it's kinda.. fluro orange? lol. Her hands look like they want to come off their wrist pegs but they haven't yet. These girls were constructed pretty strangely and are quite fragile really.  I think her hair is nylon, it's a bit uh.. crunchy feeling. I only used a tool so I wouldn't suggest swinging her by her hair. £10


The other doll had lost most of her face when I got her so I repainted her. So yes, i painted her eyes. She looks a bit mad hahah. I kinda love her but I have several original ones that i'm keeping and can't justify hanging onto an army of ooak ones too. £10


This oddity is an "adventures of Vicky" doll. She was a partworks that came with a magazine and every week you got a new outfit for the doll.

This one though, well, the factory worker clearly thought "fuck it" that day and gave her two left legs. HOW? I mean it can't have been easy to ram a left leg into her right hip socket. It's so bizarre.


I mean wtf?

I have 2 of these. the other one has normal legs so i'm keeping her.

This little freak needs a new home. Poor girl. I'm throwing in the My Scene shoes as well, they hide her deformity pretty well.

£3


These are ALL hybrids.

Over the years i've accumulated rather a lot of random heads and bodies.
I like quirky weird hybrids. But I always get them out, smile, then put them away again. They deserve to go somewhere they'll be played with, or at least displayed.

First is a Cassie doll on a Hornby equestrian body. So she's fully jointed. She's teeny tiny but oh so cute.

Next is a weird clone Belle head on an EAH Apple body. Skin tone match is pretty good. I love this belle head. She came from a pound shop in Leeds and was on a shitty hollow as crap body that didn't even survive deboxing her. But her head looks and feels like a factory reject rather than a clone. The rooting is thin and shitty but her face is so cute and I dig the random orange streak so I never changed it.

I quite like her on this body, the proportions I think are quite fun.

Snow White's original body was MANGLED so she got a Bratzilla body. Her hair is matted and damaged, I dunno what had been done to the poor doll but I decided I kinda liked her as she was. Her hair feels kinda.. coarse and tangled and I always intended to maybe reroot her but I never got around to it. I think she has a really sweet face though. I always liked modern snow white dolls.

the final doll is a disney fairy (she smells very strongly of uh.. I think it's strawberry. Seriously she absolutely reeks of artificial fruit)
Her body was shit, static, molded on bodice, just eugh. I loved her face though, she's really pretty.
So she got a bratzilla body too. For some unknown reason I have a lot of bratzilla bodies laying around. What?


Apparently my camera hates me.


and my bedspread probably wasn't the greatest idea but eh.

£3 each for these weirdos.


And heeeere comes the pile of sindy dolls. Omg.

So bottom one has the curliest cutest retro hair. She does however have a mangled leg. The "bone" inside has distorted so she has this bulge in her leg that looks weird. It looks like a factory error rather than a snapped "bone". I can't work it out. It's bizarre.
Of course it means that leg is useless and can't bend.


Still she's cute. I always wanted to find her a darker coloured flapper dress.

£10

middle girl is a pedigree "smirky" sindy with larger eyes than normal. I was gonna keep her because she was slightly different to my other smirkies but honestly I need to STOP HOARDING SINDY DOLLS omg. I have literally got hundreds of them.

I think she's in fairly good condition actually.

£8

Finally there's my green haired reroot. She has a mangled hand.


I mean how does this even happen? I tried boiling it but it wouldn't fix itself so eh. She needs a new arm, or a bandage, or amputation.

I rerooted her using salvaged hair from a pixie punk and some other random brown hair I had. So it's cheap nylon in most parts and been rooted in using the stabby stab method.


I also painted her eyes and lips because her face was discoloured and faded. She has a slightly yellowish cast to her cheeks for some reason.

I still think she's kinda cool. She's a super punky gal who i'm sad to see going but omg the pile of sindy dolls is ridiculous.

£10


Another smirky sindy at the end there. I think she's the one I had to reattach the legs to. So she's had her legs repaired/replaced. It means the little cap bits are a different colour to her other bits.

I think one of these balerinas was restrung too.

The other four dolls are all early Hasbro sindy dolls (my favourite). I bought a HUGE bundle of these (do you remember? I wrote a blog about it) and intended to fix them all up and give them all makeovers but it just never happened. Doll hair is expensive and I couldn't justify it or the time required to reroot a bunch of dolls.
two of these are ballerina ones. I'm pretty sure all of them have at least one iffy knee because those click joint knees NEVER survive. 

These girls don't need reroots anyway, their hair is fine, I just wanted some variety.

Smirky is £8, the others are all £5 each dressed and £4 for the nudey one.


More Hasbro sindy dolls. These ones are the "oh shit more of them?" pile.

I have no clue what the darker skinned one in the leotards hair is supposed to do. It's weird and thin in places and has these two braids. But I don't know WHY or how it's supposed to be styled. I don't get it. I gave up on it.


These are all used and have iffy knees and chewed up feet. Middle girl is missing a finger on one hand. Pretty sure she also has a discoloured chest but I didn't want to try to get that dress off her, it's a pain in the butt to get off.

£43 each.


And yet more Sindy dolls. or the "holy shit why are there so many sindy dolls in this sodding box!?" assortment.

All have damage to their clicky knee mechanisms and these three have kinda more messed up hair.

There's some discolouration in parts too.



£3 for nudey. £4 for clothed.

ALL the hasbro sindy dolls were from a tlc bundle so assume they are all imperfect. If you want the specifics of each or there's one particular you're eying, let me know and i'll give you her specifics. There were just so many of them I got a bit overwhelmed and wanted to throw them all in the box and kinda hide.
So.. so.. many sindy dolls ...


more vintage dolls.

The little clone at the bottom is super cute and stabby looking. She has a hollow crap body and thin hair but such a sassy little face I kinda loved her as soon as I saw her.

She sadly has a chewed hand which I think was my youngest son -_-


Bah.


The Blonde is a "Joe 90" doll. I bought him because I thought he looked like he'd hang out well with Sindy. He's quite heavy vinyl. His jumpsuit is really hard to get off.

£5

The other doll is a vintage Ricky. He's in incredibly good condition. I'm not entirely sure I fully believe he IS from the 1960s, he looks too pristine. I got him with an Allan last year as a birthday pressie to myself. He came from france heh.
vintage barbie dolls are really hard to find in this country so it's taken me a long time to find an Allan for a price I was willing to pay.

Ricky is skipper sized and stupidly cute.

£15


this is a Harumika Manniquin. I found her somewhat masculine face fascinating.


I painted her a little bit but her head is soooo small, it was really hard. She got a bit of a bladerunner thing going on lol.

It'll wipe off if anyone wants to blank her face again i'm sure.

£8


Monster High Lagoona. Good condition. She has her leg fins even.

£8


Star Darling, I forget which one. She has cool boots.


£8


Living Dead Dolls Fashion Victims Lulu.

Her hair is frizzy as heck and she's missing her other outfit and her hat is in another box.
She's so angry looking.

Husband doesn't like her, I thought the line was facinatingly weird. She's BIG, like taller than barbie. I did a review of them which you can see here: http://flyingpurplemonkfish.blogspot.com/2017/05/living-dead-dolls-fashion-victims.html

£10


MIB Bratzilla Sashabella. Cavegirl hooker Sashabella as I liked to call her.
Seriously what is UP with that furkini?

And she glows. This thing is just a hot mess of wtfery.

£10


Sindy for scale only.

This is a freaking GIANT my little pony. I mean why is she so huge!?? She's like twice the size of a normal pony, it both freaked me out and amused me greatly. GIANT pony man. dolls can ride her.

Her mane needs some defrizzing.

£8


Ignore my foot <_<

This is a terrible terrible knockoff sloth fingerling thing. My mother got duped over christmas, so I have this... thing. It has an annoyed looking robot face. Maybe a curiosity or something to someone?
I'm pretty sure it works (the monkey ones did) but it's cheap and crappy.
I never had the heart to tell my mother it was fake, I think she kinda knew though. I mean the monkeys were pretty convincing but this one is so half arsed it's kinda funny.

Happy sloth? more like apathetic sloth am I right?

£2 to take this abomination away from me.


 A severely battered Harumika set. Intact but yeah, the box is mangled.
The fabric swatches can be quite useful for making simple doll clothes out of.

£1



Husband's doll is NOT impressed about wearing this dress. It's not her style at all. All mine refused to model it though.

It fits SLIM mini/msd and it's fairly well made, I think it's supposed to look rough. It came with Lyric and she was one step off burning it in effigy to all the things she is not.

I think on the right doll it'd look really lovely, but sadly I have no morigirl sort of style dolls and all my girls just look pissed off in it.

£5



SD leather effect pants. Good condition, some minor scuffs and scratches to them but no peeling or anything.

I think they're sd sized anyway. They came on my Resinsoul Long and he's huge but super skinny. They were a little too short for his legs so i'm assuming they're for a 60-65cm doll, not a 70cm one.

They measure about 10 inches around the waist and 14 inches long. 

They're nice little things. No photos of them ON a doll as I only have one doll this scale and I don't wanna have to strip him off, he's really awkward to redress again and being so big it's super awkward for teeny little me to do so. 

I dunno, big dolls just aren't my thing I think. 

£8

 And that brings us to the end of box 1. 

As always, postage not included in prices. I combine postage up to 2kg for UK parcels at the same price (£3 second class) and will always try to get the best rates for overseas people too. I don't charge for packaging material or paypal fees. 

Payment via goods and services please, it gives you buyer protection for a start. 

Email me at: Kill_all_the_bunnies@hotmail.com or message me here. I check my comments every day or so. 





3 comments:

  1. Will you be selling off any of the BJDs that you currently own?? Just wondering....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unlikely, they're resinsouls mostly so they don't tend to sell for much. You end up losing like half of what you paid selling em. I MIGHT sell my pullip though, i'm just not sure I NEED her. I dunno, we'll see how desperate things get.

      Delete
    2. Yes I know what you mean! I also have two Resinsouls.....I'm the lady who always creeps Nhar when you post photos of him haha...if you ever rehomed him I would be interested! (Mei Colwell on FB)
      I also had a Pullip at one point and ended up giving her away for a similar reason...I *liked* her but she didn't really fit in and I never bonded with her.

      Delete