2 Dec 2019

November roundup

I was supposed to be being good... I really was!

But i'm weak! I'm SO WEAK!




TLC Sindy came in a bundle I talked about a few blogs ago. I was waiting for the perfect hair for her and I happened to find an amazing ball of yarn in the local charity shop for 50p
I mean it's SO COOL. It has gold tinsel and purple and blue and green blobs and it's super textured and just really funky.

Perfect for some fun dread fall cybergoth style hair.

I repainted her face to tie in. love her.


This was more because she scared me a bit and I wanted to share the pain lol.

She's a Diva Star, the early robotic ones from the early 2000s. Mattel apparently thought robot dolls were the answer to the Bratz invasion or something. I dunno man.

She doesn't shut the hell up and seems to get stuck in a loop a lot asking for accessories she doesn't have or asking if you want to go shopping.

It amused my youngest anyway.


She has a yes and no button on her shoes to answer her inane questions.

She also has contacts on her body and hand for accessories she doesn't have anylonger. She keeps asking for her "pink dress" and i'm all "bitch I don't have a pink dress shut up!"


Her face is a bit Blythe-like I think.

they did fashion doll versions of these too and they also talk.



Ebay is a bad idea for me. I'm addicted to random bundles.

in this case it was only £8 including postage and I bought it SOLELY for the Sindy doll in there.

She's not in great condition with one busted leg, missing plugs, cut hair and a dingy face but she should scrub up with a bit of work.

The rest of the dolls though are a bit more random.


Krissy, Tommy and Kelly/Shelly. Kelly/Shelly has a lever on her back that raises ONE of her arms, I dunno why.

Tommy has some sort of damage to one hand. It doesn't quite look like a chew though, looks more like a mold error or something. Wierd.

Kirssy is so tiny. I always forget how teensy this doll is. I've had Krissy dolls before back when I decided I was going to get one of every Barbie family member for the hell of it (lol) and yeah, she's teensy tiny.

I kinda think it's a shame they didn't age her up when they reintroduced the barbie sisters. Kelly/Shelly became Chelsea for copyright reasons or something, but a Kelly sized Krissy would have been adorable I think.


There's also some Barbie dolls.


Interestingly the purple dress is actually two pieces and the underdress is far more interesting than I thought it would be. Huh...


Old body Barbie has chewed hands and I hate the old Barbie body, it's fricken hideous with those huge shoulders and pinched waist.
The other one has a 99 body marking but omg she's SQUISHY! her torso is squishy and rubbery and bendy and it's wierd!

What the fuck Mattel?

She's all wibbly and it's hilarious!

She also has blue streaks in her hair which look like a creative kid with a pen got at her. The streaks are pretty well done though.


Unlike the third Barbie who er... has kinda been through the ringer.

this is the sort of Barbie I had as a kid, inherited from my sister and cousin. My cousin's ones looked rather like this, down to the shittily cut hair.

Poor ol' Barbie.

I dunno if she's worth rerooting or salvaging though, I dunno, I find this era of Barbie extremely boring and bland. Maybe some funky hair might make her more interesting but do I care enough? mmm.

This is the even worse version of the shitty old pre 99 Barbie body with the robot arms and hand piercing (for their ring)

It brings back memories... frustrating memories of dolls I couldn't play with and could barely dress because they were just too shit.

Can you tell I have no real fondness for 70s and 80s barbie dolls?
yeah...

sorry barbie fans.


Steffie Love is pretty cute I think. She reminds me of Hasbro Sindy, or Smirky Sindy? I dunno. She's super late 80s in her look anyway.

Her hair is actually really nice, it's three different shades of blonde and soft.

She has the old style pug face and a pretty standard static, rigid looking Steffie body.
Those straight arms look so unnatural.


And then there's this lot.

The short one at the front is a crappy "dress me" doll made of hollow plastic with next to no hair left. I've had a few of these in bundles over the years, i'm yet to find a single redeeming thing about them.


This girl has a shitty hollow flimsy plastic body but a rather interesting face. Its all pinched and wierd.


She reminds me a bit of Petra and I don't think she's unattractive so much as just... oddly proportioned. her eyes are way too low on her face and it makes her look a bit strange.


This is a Lovely Patsy (according to her head markings) head on a Simba Steffie Love body which surprised me that it fits.


There's an element of Vivid Sindy to her face sculpt. I think she has quite an interesting face in any event. It's a pretty decent quality head too.


Unlike the OTHER "Lovely patsy" marked ... thing.

the body I assume belongs to the head as the sindy-like head doesn't fit it.

She has two asses, a front ass and a back ass. Seriously her butt looks exactly like her crotch, it's creepy.


The hair is shitty nylon and the face is soft squishy and clearly a Bratz clone.

I can't help but wonder though, if it might be easier to wipe this paint from a soft squishy head than a real Bratz head (I always struggle to wipe Bratz heads). It looks like a fairly decent Bratz shape so theoretically could be repainted into something less ... this.

She had some sort of red shit all over her and it's still caked into her lips. Hmm.

I don't think she suits the taller body at all. it looks bizarre.


Speaking of bizarre, what even IS that body?

She has yellow crunchy disgusting hair and a double chin.

Poor doll, she could have been pretty had they cut her neck hole in the right place instead of so far back.
and her body sucks.


Another flimsy shitty body but this doll has a really interesting face. She's familiar and I can't pinpoint WHY. (I found her! She's a "My Fashion Collection" doll by Halsell? or Time4toys... I don't know exactly, clones are wierd. (Sindy's dress belongs to this doll though it seems, cool)

Her hair isn't great and she has a really big forehead.

She has no markings, alas.

The doll in the blue bikini I think is a Cait doll, or something like that. Photos of her didn't come out at all and I don't wanna go back and do it again.


They also came with a bunch of clothes (sorry camera is still broken)

I think most of it is probably Barbie.


and finally this girl was a charity shop find.

I didn't even KNOW they made Bonnie dolls!

yes, Bonnie from Toy Story 3.

From research it seems she was a UK disney store exclusive. Wierd.

She talks, she says a fair few different things actually. "Hi i'm Bonnie" "where's the spaceman?" "Woody to the rescue" and stuff like that.

She's lost her boots


Yet her backpack (which actually opens) is still plastic tabbed to her outfit. What?


She's slightly crosseyed, which amuses me.


In terms of the big bundle of dolls, I think i'm only gonna keep Sindy and the Steffie, the rest will be rehomed.
But if anyone knows what any of them are i'd love to know.

A short one this month, i've been trying to behave because I have 2 layaways to pay off.

which I should probably talk about too.

Okay so I finished paying off my Dream Valley layaway.

I ordered two dolls and they had an offer which meant I was eligable for a special event little dragon.

But those won't be here till er... at least July/August because they have a very long wait time.

So, I finished that layaway and then Doll Chateau was all "pssst, you wanna doll? We got dolls"


So cute!

I ummed and ahhed because I don't like impulse buying expensive dolls but eventually I decided i'd regret it if I didn't. She's right up my alley, hooves, a tail, big horns, pointy ears...


Also she has no mouth which is creepy as shit.

and a skeletal mid section.
I expect she'll be pretty fragile like all Doll Chateau dolls but damnit I can't resist their wierd creepy as shit sculpts.

I adore them.

My plan is to dye her black.

She's 1/6 sized so she'll be a similar height to my other Doll Chateau dolls.
And probably be just as topheavy and impossible to stand lol.

These things definitely need stands.

and once I had done that of course then 11/11 happened and Gem Of Doll literally pmed me all "pssst, you want dolls?"

I mean seriously, I spent two days talking to a rep who was all "we got all the dolls, so many dolls, you want a doll? we can get you a doll!"

hahahaha.

I've never had a company be so eager for my custom before, I mean damn.

Now with Gem Of Doll they WERE on my wishlist (which i'm trying to stick to with bjds otherwise i'll drown in resin) and they had a pretty sweet offer that allowed me to get a combo they don't usually offer in their beautiful green and you know me, I cannot resist green.
I love green.


Of course the store's style is not mine at all hahaha. But she has a super strange face that reminds me a bit of the old Doll Chateau sculpts. There's something just a bit "off" and inhuman about her sculpt and I dig that.

The body i'm hopefully getting her on (as in, the one I ordered) has an extra long neck too, for added "whaaaat?" lol.

I love me some slightly creepy wierdness.

So i've got 2 layaways to pay off now.

and we're into December which really means that ideally I should be on purchase embargo.

So i'm gonna TRY to be good and sell stuff rather than buy stuff.

but man it's so hard!

It's just SO HARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment