2 Nov 2019

Ebay is dangerous

I mean seriously, I need to block it. It's too tempting.




So, I don't actually have much money this month due to layaway and all that. But I did have enough to jump on a few bargain bundles of impulse madness.


This sad looking girl was actually a YMCA charity find. She was laying on their "we haven't sorted this" yet table and I grabbed her and asked how much. £2, yes please.

She's a 1985 Starlight Sindy with the crimped hair and she looked VERY sorry for herself.

She was covered in grime and ink stains and wearing clothes way too big.

Poor girl.


Most of the ink thankfully scrubbed off, leaving only a small stain on her forehead that looks rather like a bruise.
She was missing a few plugs near the side/front of her head so I rooted a couple of nice purple streaks in for the hell of it.

She scrubbed up beautifully I think. Not bad for £2.


I also got some of my existing reroots down to fix as they were super dusty and some of their paint wasn't as nice as I would have liked.

Rainbow got a nice clean and some blush.


While purple got black lips because I always felt like her pink lips made her look unfinished.

oh and she stole Cameron's jacket hah.

Sadly my impulse control was only sated for a day or two by this.

Nghh.

(not my photo)

This bundle turned up on Ebay and it was cheap and i'm weak.

Also i admit, I kinda fell in love with the girl with the blonde bob...

ahem.

I'm a sucker for dolls with short hair.

This was a wierd bundle because it appears to be 2 hard 70s heads, 3 squishy 80s heads, a clone and 6 Sindy bodies in various states of disassembly.

Wth?


Blonde Bob got the intact Ballerina body. The other blonde got the other ballerina body which is missing its arms (which I had to restring to the body anyway)

One bald 70s girl got a body with legs restrung on with thin elastic (not that hard to do, just annoyingly fiddly)

Other bald girl got a body with missing fingers.


Ouch.

Finally the bald 80s girl got a regular basic body with a repaired neck. I intend to paint the epoxy there to better match her skin tone, or give her some kick ass neck tats. <_<


Meanwhile the clone head it turned out wasn't going to fit any of the bodies. She has a hold for a neck knob but it's a lot smaller than the sindy neck knobs are. Drat.

She looked SO MAD.

Also her hair is really strangely cut. It's all there but it's wierdly cut over short and I can't work out if it was supposed to be like that or some kid hacked it.


I wiped her face completely and started again.

Once she was blank I realised how much like Tammy (Sindy's american counterpart) she actually looked so I made her eyes grey in homage. I went with a dramatic 50s sort of look for her makeup becuase why not?


and she claimed the lanky wierd Disney Store body one of my Sindy dolls was using. It's a strange sallow pale colour which matches her head perfectly, though getting the head to fit ON the skinny neck was a chore. None of my lego wheels were small enough (yes, I use lego wheels as washes) and we don't have bread tags in this country so I had to opt for elastic bands wrapped around the neck knob and a lot of hope.

Her shoes are way too big and held on with stuffing hahaha.


Still, I really do like how she came out.


Youngest son helped me pick out an outfit for Blonde Bob and man he picked well!

I love this look on her.

She's wearing Bratzillaz shoes and the stockings that came on one of the bodies (they're part of Stardance sindy's original outfit and have a broken waistband and are laddered at the back, oh well)

The top is 4eva best friends and the skirt is Barbie.

I made her a quick ribbon headband too.

The other two girls are waiting on reroots.

Hard head is being done in a lovely purple shade but her head is strange in the rooting pattern so i'm not actually sure how it'll look when it's done. Dum de dum.

80s girl i'm considering a yarn reroot because I think they're fun. We'll see.


These old girls were also an Ebay find for frankly a really damn good price.

mostly because they were listed as way more flawed than they actually are.

In the blue coat is a Camay, a clone doll of decent quality. Her body is lighter and hollow but she's not bad. She has a stain on one cheek but it's right near where her hair sits so it's not a big deal.

She's in better nick than my other Camay.

The brunette is a Made in England Sindy. She has all her fingers which is a big plus. She was listed as having a scratched up body but it looks just like all my other 60s sindy doll bodies so go figure... it's not gouged up at all.
She was also listed as missing some hair plugs and/or having plugs cut.


The elastic bands are to get her hair to lay DOWN as, like so many 60s Sindy dolls, her hair had gone into full troll mode.

She's missing 3 plugs, the rest at the back are very short but honestly I think they're supposed to be like that as my other MIE's have these odd short hairs too.

I found some hair that almost matches and filled in those missing plugs anyway.


Once their hair stits the hell DOWN these two will look gorgeous.


Camay's hair is quite oddly rooted, it's sparse at the sides for some reason. No plugs are missing, it's just not very well thought out. Maybe she was supposed to have a headband like Sindy did?

It's the same strange bronze colour of my other Camay, just not as thick.


New Camay is paler than poor blotchy girl and actually has a different head. Hers is fatter, rounder. Which is interesting because Sindy dolls have different heads too, one long and thin like blotchy and one rounder and fatter like blue jacket.

Hmmm.

Blue jacket has better molded hands, there's far less flashing on them. But her feet are worse and have air bubbles in the toes.

ahh quality control.


A headband hides many sins heh.

This girl looks like the Camay I had back when i first started collecting. I always regretted selling her so this one I think shall stay.

I admit, i went on a bit of a Sindy splurge. Whoops?


After getting lost for 2 weeks and going on a bit of a magic mystery tour, Tess and Nona FINALLY arrived. I was genuinely thinking they'd gotten lost in the post and i'd have to claim a refund.

But then they appeared and whew. Turns out the seller typoed my postcode and that was the delay.

They are beautiful dolls. My favourite of the Bratz Twiinz. I like that the old twins were differentiated with their own fashion style, makeup and hair styles. Toward the end MGA just got lazy and dressed the same doll in the same outfit just in different colours. LAME.

i had to do a bit of work on these girls. Nona's hair was completely out of the original style and I couldn't find clear pictures of exactly how it went but I think it's close enough.

Tess needed her chain restitched to her jeans.

They're missing a few small accessories but seem to be mostly complete which is awesome.

So yay Bratz Twiinz!

but now I think I need to take a big step back from Ebay and such and stop buying stuff for a while.

I have poor impulse control right now, it's not good. 

1 comment: