24 Aug 2018

I shouldn't be buying things.. but... Mystery bundle!

Yeah yeah, so I was saving and i've been doing so well avoiding temptation but having been hospitalised my self restraint sort of went out the window. I don't feel well, and new dollies cheer me up.

I purchased a couple of small things on Ebay I had wanted for a while as a celebration, but those aren't here yet, but I also stumbled upon a mystery bundle of dolls on Schpock (I'm addicted to Schpock, I need an intervention)

£5 for who knew how many dolls in a big ol' tub. I could only make out a few from the picture. A few reboot bratz, some descendants, a lot of barbies. But I thought it was interesting and I just can't resist a mystery.
for a fiver it was worth a punt.

Turned out the seller was the same lady I bought those decendants 2 dolls from a few months back, she remembered me lol.

So I had a doctor's appointment today and my mother came over to help me out, so I wrangled a lift from her to pick dolls up too. I'm glad I did because omg the bag she gave me was HUGE.


Look at this thing!

I had a rummage in the car but had to wait to get home to really look at it all. heh.




I figured there would probably be a few things in here I wanted to keep, a few that had some intrinsic value and the rest i'd either sell as a big bundle or donate to charity.

But first came sorting!


There were 3 EAH dolls in the bag. Briar in relatively okay condition, Ashylnn with pen all over her face and Hunter with what looks like newspaper transfer on his chin.

and some accessories.


The girls got a bit of a spa treatment, their hair was a gloopy, sticky mess (thanks Mattel).


I couldn't get all the blue off Ashlynn but most of it came off. You can just make out the staining in this pic.


Hunter's chin tats on the other hand, WILL NOT COME OFF. I tried everything. Magic eraser, acetone, fingernail, it just won't come off. I think he'd need a bit of a more extreme treatment and one i'm not really willing to buy the supplies for.

So these are on the "sell for bait" pile.


The accessories and clothing also had some monster high stuff, yet weirdly no mh dolls in the bag. Go figure.


Also in the bag were these. A DC Superhero girl Wonderwoman (who's lost her shoes) and a Disney fairy doll. her wings flutter or something.

I'll probably keep wonder woman, but I need to find her some shoes.

I don't like her double wank hands but what can you do?


Also a load of Descendants. Maleficent was a surprise! She was only available in a two pack and I never bothered to get it. I don't think she's complete but she seems to be in fairly good condition.

One Mal has a filthy face and only one hand. Oops.

Other Mal is in better condition but nghh, I don't NEED more Mals. I already have like 2. I like the purple dress though. I'm keeping that hah.

We don't own an Evie doll though, so that's nice. I wish she had her shoes but oh well.

Ben is boring, I already have a Ben from 2nd wave and he's a lot nicer I think. Casual outfit rather than a cheap suit.

And there's all of Carlos' outfit (including his boots) which is bewildering.


Also LOADS (like 13) of barbies. One of them has a camera inside her but I can't find a charger that fits so I can't test her out. Dang.
The usb charger plugs into her butt, i'm amused. (well technically the back of her belt but close enough)

There's a lot of gimmicky as shit dolls here. Two who spin and have a skirt poof out or something (why?), 3 mermaids, a fairy with wings that spring up for... some reason and another fairy with fluttering wings. There's also a princess with a lightup necklace, or more precisely, a hole in her chest that lights up. Creepy.

Absolutely none of these interest me at all. Aside from the fleeting interest in camera barbie's function the others are so generic and bland that they went straight into the "donate" pile.


A load of Disney dolls too. There's 2 Cinderellas, least.. i think the one in dark blue is Cindy. She's a terrible likeness though.
Ariel has paint on her dress sadly, and Eric has no shoes. His outfit is SO CHEAP omg.
Aurora is okay but her legs are stained blue, which is odd as her dress is pink but Disney store man, their qc is almost as bad as Mattel's.
I think the one in the yellow is a Belle but her outfit threw me off. It reminded me of Jane from Tarzan but it's not her dress and weirder yet, it's still elastic banded TO the doll suggesting she came like this. Huh?

Anna's hair is a matted mess. Poor Anna.

Wierdly while there's 2 Elsa dresses, there's no Anna dress.


And finally a load of Bratz. 2 "pssst i'm taller" ones and 6 reboots.

Meygan! She wasn't even sold here in the UK! She was only part of some store exclusive 5 pack so I was crazy excited to see her. Worth the fiver right there.

Also soooo many Bratz clothes omg. and shoes. SO MANY.

I love the fluffy hat.

I boiled some water, grabbed a magic eraser and settled down to a long spa day for the dollies. There's 40 dolls here, FOURTY! So washing them all took a while.



Most of the Disney dolls scrubbed up pretty well. Ariel's crown veil thing I had to cut from her hair as it was tied in with plastic tie things, but now it doesn't go back on. *headdesk* damnit Disney.

Husband laid claim to Mulan.

Anna's hair I couldn't really salvage, so she went into the other bundle.


Aurora's pink dress has bust seams but the rest seems to be pretty good.

I don't have any use for princess gowns though. This whole lot is going on Ebay.


Likewise the Barbie dolls mostly all scrubbed up pretty well. There's no chews on any of them and most of the marks came off which was nice. Just a shame they're such bloody boring dolls.

While viking mermaid bratz Jade amuses me, she's a pretty clunky doll and her glitter face is gross to me. I stole her skirt and shoes <_<
I also stole the Disney Fairy's clothes bwhahahah.

Anna's hair is... less terrible but still terrible. I don't think her hair can really be saved. Poor doll.

Mal has some staining from whatever that brown shit on her face was and has only one hand.

Two of the mermaids have beads rooted into their head, it bewilders me.

I have like 3 Selfie Snaps Cloe's now, why do I have so many!??

The other Cloe has a stained face so I decided to pop her head off her body and do some switcharoos.


Bahama Beach Jade's head went onto the reboot body with a little tweaking to bulk out the knob. I kinda like it. Older style sultry face, hippy pear shaped reboot body. Yesss.

I love Meygan. Her hair is still a bit frazzled but damn she's pretty and she rocks Cloe's outfit.

Yasmin's curls dropped out a little by washing her hair but not as much as I feared.

Jade is my second Selfie Snaps Jade but her hair had been brushed out of the pigtails already and resetting it was too much effort, so I just boil washed it straight and it seems to sit quite nicely. I like that you can better see her streaks that way. She has blue streaks.
And Music Festival Cloe is actually really dang cute. I don't usually care about blonde, blue eyed dolls but this particular Cloe I found endearing.


Evie needed a bit of a rinse because her hair was caked in crap from the factory. I like the shorter dress on her, it has an abstract zipper effect. She stole Mal's shoes.

The tiny Equestria girl was also in the bag. I think she's REALLY CUTE, like, so much cuter than a regular EG. Why the heck didn't the original dolls look like this? She's sweet and colourful and fun. I really like her. Never thought i'd actually like an Equestria girl doll, they always felt well.. super cheaply made and their horse faces were fugly to me.
I think she's Scootaloo. Also in the bag was one of the other's dresses so I wonder what happened to those. She was part of a 3 pack.

There's also a LOAD of odd shoes. A shame, there's a chunk of pairs too but way more odds.

I dunno what to do with odd shoes.

So in total I ended up decided to keep, for now, 9 dolls.
Not bad for a fiver huh?

It almost makes up for having bloods drawn from an already very sore vein. *whimper* my arm hurts.

7 comments:

  1. I think the Belle doll was originally from a horse-riding themed line and that the dress is meant to be her psudo-historical riding outfit. I vaguely remember a line of Disney princess dolls with horses, but that's about all I can remember. Still, at least it's a place to start if you want to try and i.d. the doll.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I found her by searching "Disney Belle horse riding doll" lol. She came right up! Never would have occurred to me.

      Delete
  2. I was eagerly waiting for this post! I'm addicted to Shpock too (I can't help myself! The deals on that app...), and I'd been pestering my mum to pester the seller of that bundle to post them because I saw the Disney Store Live Action Cinderella Wedding dolls and I've been looking for a good on them everywhere. Then I realised they were the same person you bought the Descendants 2 dolls from and hoped you'd buy them so I could see what was in there.
    Now I wish I'd pestered my mum to pester that seller more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah the cinderella dolls weren't in the bundle, I assume she took them out upon realising they had value. She's selling 4 of them for £20. She's just down the road from me so if you want anything, I could always pick up for you and post. I dunno why she won't post but I will lol.

      Delete
  3. Never mind you didn't keep 'em all, you got your own mystery haul for a FIVER? And just down the road?Awesome, well done! Closest i've ever got to that was the recent haul(£25, didn't keep 8 other broken/generic ones) and a black bag of about 30 2000's Bratz for a tenner(kept the lot), and pretty much everything gets posted from 30+ miles away...
    Didn't know the Barbie was one of the Rocker ones, thank you! Yeah I can't believe the Sindy's were genuine considering there was a clone vintage Barbie and some other off-brands in there. I like the faces of some of the off branders though(rebooted two onto Barbie bodies), pity the modern clones don't look like then!
    Cool you got Hunter with most of his stuff. The clothes are Apple Legacy, Raven Thronecoming, Clawdeen 13, Abbey Art and Cleolei right? Just getting their stuff is cool though, like once I found Garrott for £1 just 'cause there was no Rochelle, it was great!
    The disney Fairy(Fawn?) is cute, nice faces and Skipper-sized teen dolls are less common. I saw a Wonder Woman and Supergirl the other day with new faces and boxes? The boxes were narrower and the faces NOT IDENTICAL OMG, kinda cute actually with smaller pupils. But i didn't know they'd redone the faces, or why?
    Oh that is great you got Maleficent and clothed too! Never quite warmed to Descendants but Mal is nice.
    Ah generic molded 2005-2018 blonde/brown Barbies, my favourite *SARCASM*. This is literally the only type of doll if any my local within-20 miles shops have in usually, but after getting vintage redhead Barbie and the Sindys all is forgiven! I didn't have any of either. The brunette Barbie in red isn't bad.
    Think the jointed wrist Princesses are from the modern Disney Store pack? I have Aurora from that. No wonder your husband claimed Mulan, she's gorgeous! I have a few Princesses-my old Jasmine, Aurora, Merida's mum, a singing pendant green eyed Belle- but finding that Pochahontas with the old refined face in the recent haul was the best, and i already had her dress!
    You found Bahama and 'armoured mermaids' Bratz? And MEYGAN? Ohh that is brilliant! Always thought Bratz did some cool mermaids. Yeah I have two Selfiesnaps Cloe myself lol! Interesting putting a 'taller' head on a 'reboot' body, looks good!
    Glad you found an Equestria Girl you like! I have 3, but the rest... :/
    Yeah I dunno what's up with no posting and taking stuff out, i always assume people CAN'T post or whatever but there you go.
    You deserved this haul! Get well soon, Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly awesome haul for five pounds!

    You don't need a special charger for Photo Fashion Barbie; all it takes is a micro USB 2.0 cable (which is what she originally came with). If you don't already have one, you can probably get one at a thrift store for a pittance (when I bought that same digital camera Barbie last year, I got a micro USB cable, for a mere twenty-five cents, at the same thrift store a week later). She only takes really small photos though, 128x128 pixels, and there's no flash, so, you need good lighting. Certainly not the best digital camera in the world, but fun for kiddos and kids-at-heart.

    ReplyDelete