17 May 2016

Monster High - Clawdeen - A retrospective of sorts.



My Clawdeen collection is complete!

No, it's not every Clawdeen ever made, this is the ones I decided I wanted of all of them. I went through the checklists of past releases and this 25 were the ones I decided I wanted most of all. The others were rejected either because I didn't like them so much (sweet 1600) or because I felt they were too close to an existing release to justify.
then I promptly got a bunch that look really similar anyway lol. Doh.

Anyway, this blog post is mostly a sort of "here's my Clawdeen collection" show off thing and a chance for me to ramble away about my favorite MH character to collect, what it is about Clawdeen that inspired me to collect so damn many of her over any other character and so on.

So let's start at the beginning.





Signature Clawdeen.

Now, this is actually the second release of this doll. I DID own the original Clawdeen, but the original dolls had strange wall eyes so when Mattel got their act together and fixed the facial screenings of their dolls to be a little more refined I "traded up".
Interestingly, when Monster High first hit back in 2010/11 Clawdeen was, along with Cleo my least favorite doll. I found her design disappointing, the others were all fun strange colours with monstery features, Cleo just looked like a regular girl and Clawdeen... well.. Clawdeen looked like some Anime fan wearing cat ears.
I also didn't much care for her outfit. I felt the peach clashed terribly with the overall purple and black colour scheme and didn't go well with her skin tone.

How things change huh?

As the franchise expanded I grew fonder of Clawdeen and her sassy crazy outfits and hair looks. My "eugh zoomorph" prejudice evaporated and I came to appreciate her as a rather cool character and an often very fun doll.

But I still didn't like original Clawdeen's wall eyes. Her face was blank and lacking the personality of her later releases, like all the first releases she just felt a little lacklustre face-up wise.
So I sold her along with almost all my first wave dolls (I kept Ghoulia, Deuce and Holt)

When I saw the second release dolls in TRU fairly recently I was struck by how pretty her hair was with the auburn streaks and her newer faceup was really quite sweet. Unlike the latest rerelease where the outfits are crap, this girl came with her original ugly salmon colored stand and pet cat.
I always found the ugly salmon colour a bit baffling. I mean, of all colours.. why on earth didn't Clawdeen have a purple stand? Why was it ugly salmon?

Anyway,


She's actually a very pretty doll.

Signature Clawdeen has purple eyeshadow and a teeny bit of sparkle under her brows. Her lips are dark blood red, a colour that really suits her and her hair is brown streaked with a lovely orangey auburn colour that really compliments her dark skin nicely.

still not convinced peachy pink is her colour, but eh.

The one big problem with this clawdeen is her hair is SO poofy it conceals her ears. I never bothered boil washing it or anything, i'm really lazy and it's soft and decent feeling anyway, but it could do with sitting down a bit more.

Still, she has an awesome jacket, a really gorgeous skirt and awesome boots. She also has two necklaces (one is swivelled around in photos, didn't notice till now). One is like a collar (hahah, dog collar get it?) and the other is a simple gold pendant with a purple stone.

I've always loved most of this doll's outfit, just her shirt put me off and her original rather "bleh" widely spaced eyes.


For reference, this is my original Clawdeen. See her eyes? they're WEIRD! She looks like she's having some sort of fit, it's just... not that attractive.

Also she had normal human hands, the later releases from Gloom Beach on had claws which is substantially cooler and more werewolfy.


Dawn of the Dance is another doll I sold my original of. My original had some pretty major wonk eye, it bothered me.

the first wave of DOTD the Uk actually never got, we got the second wave, but we never got Frankie, Clawdeen or Draculaura. Cleo, Deuce, Ghoulia and Lagoona yes, but not the main three ghouls. Weiiird.
I remember how annoyed and disappointed I was not to get the line and at the time, being relatively new to the world of doll collecting and forums on the subject, never thought to ask someone overseas to pick me up one. Instead I trawled ebay and finally found someone in the UK selling one.
Later, when I decided to sell my wonked doll, I once again got lucky and found someone in the UK selling her. Sadly both times she was without her shoes, goodness knows why. But boots go better with her punky outfit anyway I think.

This Clawdeen was the one that made me pay attention to Clawdeen. Her hair style and colour is just so unusual for a doll line aimed at young girls. Neon acid green, and short!?? you just don't see that often and coupled with her plether dress, spikes and fishnets she was just too cool, too edgy, too unique not to adore.


She has these great purple lips and rather simple green and yellow eye makeup but that hair.. oh gosh. It's mostly bright green with a random brown streak at the back, like she forgot to dye that bit.
But this very much set the bar for Clawdeen releases. New hairstyles, new colours, something exciting and different every time!

Sadly Mattel mostly just stuck to "put some purple streaks in there." as far as different hair colours went. *sigh*


School's Out Clawdeen is the Clawdeen that lives on my "one of each character/signature" shelf. I know I know, it's not her signature look, but I always preferred it to her short poofy bratz-like skirt and ugly peach frilly tank top look.
Also, LOOK AT HER EYES! they're all narrowed and like "rarrgh" and I love it.
This Clawdeen release has ALL the attitude and I dig it so hard.


Of DOTD made me look at Clawdeen a second time, this release is what solidified her as one of my favorite characters.

Her hair is actually very simple, it's just a flat brown, no streaks, no gimmicks, but it works well for her. She then has these lovely muted lips that seem a sort of "nude" colour on her and striking dark purple and bright blue eyeshadow around these heavy lidded eyes.
She's beautiful and I love her.

Also she has knuckledusters and you don't mess with a girl who wears knuckledusters as a fashion accessory.


Then came the Wolf Sister 2 pack.

Now, I bought the set pretty much ONLY for Howleen. She had an orange freaking Fro hawk! I mean, how can you not want that in your life? But the Clawdeen, despite having some pretty cool hair, wasn't "wow" for me till a few tweaks were made.

Again, this is my second Sister's Clawdeen. the first was sacrificed to a custom years ago, but that hair... I always loved that hair. It's poofy and frizzy and full of bounce and it's three different colours. Green at the front, then black, then bright purple.
Purple and green incidentally happen to be my two favourite colours, which may explain a lot about my love for this character.


Her stock look was quite cute, the green and black held back while the purple forms this sort of mane around her head.
The glam dress however was doing NOTHING for her awesome hairdo. Nor did I much like the gold lips with that pale green eyeshadow.


I love the amount of black that's actually in her hair, so I took it all down to be one big tricoloured mane instead. It could do with a new curl though.
And then I painted her lips black so those eyes would POP better.

Dressed in a more casual outfit, she's just perfection in my eyes. I love love love this doll.


Dead Tired wave 2 is actually a line I totally ignored when it came out. I didn't really care for the first edition aside from the Clawdeen but as she came in a bulky and expensive playset, I never bothered to get her. So yet another dead tired version of the character came and passed me by. PJ dolls just don't grab me.

But then when I started looking at the photos of Clawdeen releases this one kept popping back up. Her bangs/fringe was adorable and something unusual for Clawdeen dolls (she's had a few dolls with bangs, we'll get to those) and her very muted, neutral toned makeup was actually very attractive on her.
She also had a kinda cute outfit... a pair of boxer shorts and a cute little tee. I decided to pick her up off ebay.

Mine has an iffy knee, hence the blue, it's an elastic band wound around the joint to stop it flopping.


But she's SO pretty. Her hair has the same auburn streaks as her original signature doll, which I don't think they've done before or since. The bangs make her look cute and a lot younger and the very neutral makeup really suits her.

She has coral lips, a kind of beige layer of eyeshadow and a layer of orange.
Clawdeen looks surprisingly good in orange.

I let her keep the boxers, but she stole her sister's shirt bwhaha.



Skull Shores was another of the lines we only got part of here in the UK. Frustratingly, the multipack with exclusive Cleo, colour Frankie and Clawdeen was never released here. I loved her mostly purple hair, it was so pretty and so different but I thought it would take me forever to find one for a price I was willing to pay the import fees on.
As it was however, I found a bundle of Skull Shores dolls from a UK seller on Ebay, including Clawdeen. YAY!
They weren't all complete, but I didn't much mind. I never display dolls in swimsuits or sleepwear or well.. anything that's not mostly casual. I find it weird having dolls in their underwear or whatever standing about on a shelf with dolls in jeans okay?

Clawdeen when she arrived had her issues. Her hair was a sticky gross mess. Sadly she's a victim of Mattel's "glue head" syndrome. I'd had this problem only once previously, my 13 wishes Twyla who's hair was gross out the box and just got grosser. Talc had really helped save her, so a whole load of talc got smeared into Clawdeen's hair too.

The shame is that it dulls a bit of the rich purple colour of her hair, but at least it makes it soft and not disgusting. 


I tied her hair back because her hair is rooted in such a way that it flops over her face constantly and covers up her eyes. it annoys me.

She's a pretty doll, with oddly spaced eyes that make her look a little different to other Clawdeens. she has purple lips (I love purple lips) and yellow very simple eyeshadow. Her hair is bright pruple with a few streaks of acid green.
I love the colour of her hair. It's a bit lighter since her talc treatment, but it's still a really beautiful colour. And unlike her other releases, this doll has completely purple hair except for the small green streak near the front. I think she's the first to do that, have absolutely no brown or black in there, just the fantasy colours.

I put her in a ridiculous outfit because ridiculous hair needs ridiculous clothing. She's a garish mess and it makes me smile.


I remember going on a special trip to toys r us to get this girl. Her stock outfit was just attrocious and most people HATED her but I thought she was awesome in her tastelessness and knew she had potential to be awesome.
I knew right from the start that jumpsuit had to go, but Ghoul's Rule Clawdeen has such a unique faceup and such unusual hair.
She took a lot of work to make stunning, but as I instinctively KNEW, she DID turn out awesome.

Her hair was originally a lot longer than this but it was a frazzled frizzy mess. I hacked a good 3 inches of ruined hair from the bottom before boil washing the hell out of the rest, watching her flock carefully.
I also combed her hair out a bit to frame her face nicer.

She stole my original Clawdeen's outfit pieces. The skirt, the boots, the jacket are all from Signature. The top was from one of her early fashion packs with the terrible puffy crotched pants. (SOOO unflattering)


But how could I pass on this OTT crazy dolly? She has this mad makeup with splotches on one side and a stripe of gold running across her face. Then she has really pale purple lips that stand out sharply against her dark skin and this lilac coloured hair with one side of her head flocked and decorated with spots too.
I mean there is so much going on here, and it's glorious.

Ghoul's Rule Clawdeen is an utterly unique doll and I LOVE her so much. I will defend this doll to the death damnit, yes her original jumpsuit was pretty horrendous and like.. what the hell were you thinking? but that face... oh gosh that face.


Scarily Ever After was such a fun line, I always like dark fairy tales but Clawdeen was the only one I felt ever really fully realised the potential. Red is a colour we've never seen Clawdeen in and damn does she rock it.

And let's face it, a werewolf playing red riding hood is a cliche that's just too fun to pass up. Ever After High in fact would do the same thing years later with Cerise Hood, this Clawdeen has always felt to me like the precursor to that doll.

All the Scarily Ever After dolls came with a story book, but annoyingly in the Uk those were in a dozen languages and incomplete -_-


This Clawdeen is so much darker than any other release. She has very bright red lips and dark purple eyeshadow. Her hair is brown, streaked with red. She's never had another doll with red and it's such a shame because it looks gorgeous! Mattel kinda got stuck in the "bright purple streaks" rut with this girl.

I've seen some gorgeous versions of Little Dead Riding Wolf here redressed, and she'd look awesome in some of Cerise's outfits but i've never bothered. Her little dress is cute and I kinda dig her fairy tale look.


Roller Maze Clawdeen actually was never meant to be on my wishlist. I passed on all the RM dolls when they first came out, the only one that faintly tempted me being Abbey with her short bob.
But when I found a complete RM Clawdeen in a charity shop for £1, I HAD to buy her didn't I?

Her original look was kinda bleh to me. Loved her hair, a pale purple with streaks of green. Usually Clawdeen's hair is a very vivid purple if there's any purple in it at all, and this shade is different to her Ghoul's Rule doll too. It's a very dull purple, and it's quite pretty in a weird way.


Her makeup was pretty dull I felt. Pink lips, yawn. A kinda yellowy gold eyeshadow and this sea of unpainted green plastic in her accessories.

I saw some cool repaints of her accessories, so decided i'd make her look interesting and different. What'd I have to lose after all? She cost me a freaking quid!


I painstakingly painted ALL the spots on her helmet and boots and added in trim colours for both. Then I painted her lips purple to match her hair and outfit, and blushed her with a green eyemask to make her face really stand out. She also has spots to match her helmet painted around her eyes.
I also narrowed her eyes a bit as they were a bit wide and "huuuh?" looking.

I admit, I went a bit OTT but she was a lot of fun to work on. Love it or hate it, she stands out now.


I always thought Scaris Clawdeen was beautiful, but when the movie came out I had forced myself onto a strict "new characters ONLY" and she wasn't unique enough amongst Clawdeens to break that rule.

But gosh she was pretty.

I recall a little girl in the school playground having one, it gave me a good chance to get a look at her out of box and she was more breathtaking than I had imagined. But still, I wasn't allowed. I shouldn't. I already had several Clawdeens with far more interesting hair colours. I would pass.

But when the reboot was announced I decided "screw this, i'm buying all the Clawdeens I wanted" and straight back on the wishlist she went.

She came to me second hand but complete. I liked her outfit, but something in the fit around the top make me want to strip her and play about with different things. Her hair has a tendency to flip over her face too, annoyingly. She needs a clip or something.

I actually am not sure where the shorts are from, but her top is Venus' and the fur shrug is original to this doll.

I love how Clawdeen looks in short shorts and black tops.


She's slightly wonky but it's not so obvious in reality.

Scaris Clawdeen has fairly standard "long, brown, streaked with bright purple" hair, a mainstay at this point for Clawdeen releases honestly.

She has quite bright pink lips and this lovely pink and grey eyeshadow. They grey is really attractive. Her eyes are also a little more brown than usual, which I think adds to her darker overall look. She's just this smouldering beauty and mine has these misprinted brows that give her a bit of a "bitch please" expression hahaha.


Powerghouls was such a fun line, I really loved the concept. But much like Scarily Ever After, I always felt like Clawdeen was the best executed of the line.
I actually did buy all four of the dolls from this release, and I had a sdcc ghoulia dressed as deadfast to go with them, but when I couldn't get a hold of a Weberella for a price I was able to pay (not willing, freaking ABLE because daaamn) I decided there was no point having an incomplete set, it would just bother me.
I sold all but Clawdeen, because her Wonderwoman-esk look just appealed to me. She was such a great cohesive design. Unlike the others (minus ghoulia of course) who kinda just looked like they'd whacked on a cheap costume, Clawdeen as "Wonderwolf" felt like a proper super-heroine design.
And she had green and brown hair, a combo we've only seen a few other times.


Still I waited well over a year to actually open this doll. I kept changing my mind about whether I SHOULD as she was displayed in such a dynamic manner in box. But i'm a deboxer, I don't display dolls MIB, they're there to be played with so she finally got released.

She's really beautiful. She has quite frizzy brown hair streaked with acid green and styled with this big poofy fringe. she has fushia coloured lips and gold and fushia eyemakeup which is really quite dark and striking. She doesn't really look like Clawdeen, but that's the main reason I collect so many Clawdeens. The variety!  

As an aside, in March 2016 I finally got a hold of a Weberella for a price I could afford. *headdesk*
Typical.


13 Wishes Clawdeen is another doll I passed on when they were first released. I found the genie outfits a little too over the top and the caked on glitter put me off. I hate caked on glitter, particularly on lips, it makes me think the doll's been blowing a Cullen. (now  that's a dated Twilight joke there huh?)
Anyway, sparkles aside, I did always think the blonde hair was an interesting look for Clawdeen.

As time went on and I saw more and photos of this girl she started to grow on me. When i decided "screw it, i'm buying all the Clawdeens I can/want" she went on the wishlist as a lower priority.

When she did arrive though, I was pretty blown away. She came to me like a lot of these dolls, second hand and only partially dressed but I think that worked in her favour. Because out of her fancy dress costume she's absolutely gorgeous.
That blonde hair is SO striking and the one little braid is cute.


She has absolutely CAKED on glitter. I actually scraped a lot of it off her lashes so you could SEE her eyelashes at all. Thankfully the glitter isn't quite as over the top noticable irl.

She had a stain on her cheek, presumably a factory issue when i got her. I've had a few with similar spots and stains but usually they're in places you don't see them as much. Because hers was right there on her face I decided a carefully placed "beauty mark" would hide it bwhaha. if in doubt, make it freckles or a mole!

Pro tip there.

Anyway, Clawdeen here has gold glitter encrusted lips and very orange eyes. She has purple and grey eyeshadow with more gold glitter. Her hair is blonde with purple streaks at the front and some upper layers of some sort of tinsel stuff. But there's not much of it and it's not the unraveling or bobbly and catches in comb sort like Cleo or Abbey's tinsels. It's pretty tolerable tinselly bits actually. Adds a nice bit of shimmer.


Now Music Festival I have to admit is actually one of my favourite Clawdeens ever released. It's her eyes. They're so narrowed, so stunningly made up. She just oozes personality and I freaking ADORE her face.
Sadly her hair as it was when she was deboxed was just terrible frizz madness. I mean it was a big ol' furball of doom.
And SO blandly rooted and just.. bletch. Here was a doll with a great face and these beautiful blonde streaks in her hair, let down by another terrible 70s jumpsuit of ugliness and frizzy hair of blah-ness.

First thing she got was her hair actually freaking curled. And it doesn't photograph so well here (at this point the kids were trying to get in front of the camera or take it off me, so things got a bit stressy trying to finish) but it's much closer to her stock photo hairstyle.

She also stole I heart Fashion Clawdeen's outfit. It's a much more "festival" looking outfit imo, I mean who wears a freaking jumpsuit to a music festival?


Look at that face though. Oh my...
She's almost glaring lol.

She has a little bit of glitter to the gold part of her eyeshadow but thankfully her lips remain glitterjizz free.


THIS is I heart Fashion Clawdeen.

She's my second one. Like the stupid moose I am, I sold my first one. I imported that first one all the way from the US toys r us but they messed up my order and overcharged me, because they shipped before I noticed the overcharge, they refunded me the whole amount and let me keep her, which was really nice of them. But then when I did my huge MH purge I decided she wasn't "special enough" to keep so sold her. And regretted it ever since. Stupid stupid stupid.

So I set to scouring ebay but damnit she's a hard doll to find for a decent price. I already had the outfits, I just wanted the doll nude and finally I found her. Nude and handless, she came in a bundle with some other stuff and I got a pretty great deal on it all.

I then bought her some hands from someone else on ebay so she'd be complete. They aren't her original arms, but who the heck cares?


I always found there to be a somewhat feline quality to this Clawdeen, though i'm not sure what it is.
Anyway, she actually has black in her hair, it's brown on top and black underneath which is a whole new look for our girl.

Her lips are my favourite purple and her eyeshadow is also purple, with a bit of pink too.
She's a gorgeous girl and honestly why the hell did I sell my first one? What the heck was wrong with me? I must have been delusional or something that day.

She got Scaris' outfit because the purple matched her makeup. I think the jacket is Robecca's though heheh.


I wanted Frights Camera Action - Black Carpet Clawdeen from the moment I saw her, but she fell into my strict "only on clearance, you don't need more dolls, new characters only" list.
When that went out the window, she was one of the first ones to go on the wishlist.

She's lovely. Her hair is a lighter brown that many of her dolls, a more auburn colour with very bright purple curls at the front.

I loved the overall LOOK of the Black Carpet line. It was everything budget MH should be, and was the best budget line of that year. Heck, it's one of the best budget lines period. The detail for the price point is incredible, there's a full portion of accessories, unique shoes, detailed dresses and a wonderful sort of art deco vibe to the whole thing.



Clawdeen has dark red lips and this vivid green eyeshadow that ties into NOTHING in her outfit and instead compliments all the purple. It's a bold option and it works really well giving her a heavy lidded look without totally overpowering her face.
Her hair is pulled back out of her face with these lovely purple ringlets. The rest of her hair is tied back into a ponytail.

She looks so sophisticated, so grown up. Those long lashes too.. I mean they reach her damn eyebrows! lol.

Scaremester Clawdeen I HAD to have when she came out. She had short hair and it was green and purple damnit! It checked ALL my boxes. Plus she had a cute and kinda bizarre outfit. Some sort of... punky tutu I dunno.

It's very pantyshot-tastic (which it totally a word okay?)


She's actually even cooler up close. Her hair is brown with big chunks of green and purple, mostly green on one side, mostly purple on the other.
Her lips are red and her eyes.. well.. her eyeshadow is awesome. It's SPOTTY!
She looks like she has scales or something.

She's a great Clawdeen, definitely in my top 5.

Save Frankie Clawdeen. I always wanted her but I couldn't justify it. They were really hard to find and expensive for what you were getting. Asda stocked really sporadically and Draculaura was the one they always had, I kept waiting for a price drop, but then they were gone from shelves instead. Bah.

I liked her because her bangs were unusual and her lightening bolt makeup was so crazy and fun.


I got her a few days ago, I had vouchers to use online so ordered the last two dolls I needed/wanted (this girl and BYBY Clawdeen).

She has rather broadly painted pink lips, giving her larger lips than usual. I'm not 100% sure about pale pink on her.
Her eyes are quite orangey and then she's got yellow eyeshadow and this big gold lightening bolt.
It makes her look like a pop rock star or something hahaha, it's totally stage makeup.

And I actually kinda liked her original outfit, I just find the "save frankie" shirts a bit tacky and lame.

She has a little bit of purple streaked through her hair.


And yes, you might have noticed, these two are VERY similar. Usually they wouldn't pass my "different enough" clause but eh, i've decided they're twins or something.


Another relatively recent addition to the wishlist was Freaky Field Trip Clawdeen. I kept seeing photos of her and she just looked so striking with this very dark hair and single purple streak and this vivid candy coloured makeup.

I did accessorise this one a little with some orange bits and bobs.


Her hair is really dark brown but it's her eyemakeup I think that makes her so interesting. She has this green under eye colour and then purple above the eye. What is that all about? It looks weird but at the same time kinda just... works.
Her outfit is likewise a bit mental with all these coloured animals and bones and stuff all over. It's cool. Simple, but cool.

She's clearly a budget release, no earrings, no accessories, but there's just something about her that appealed to me and made her stand out from all the other budget "brown hair, streak of purple" Clawdeens.


Haunted Clawdeen definitely falls into my "different enough" box. She's got this translucent quality to her skin that makes her seem paler, and this muted purple hair.
She's cool looking.

I did however not like her original outfit on her. It just... it blended too much with her skin and everything and just looked a bit blah to my eye. I much prefer her in dark colours.


She has the big rolled bangs like Power Ghouls Clawdeen and a lot of quite frizzy purple hair. I tied it back to allow her face some room to bloody breathe, omg. so much frizz.

She has a really fun faceup with a shimmery eyemask that's very blade runner-esk and slightly shimmery lips too. Her eyes are very yellow, more yellow than they usually are.

I kinda feel like this Clawdeen could very easily be a totally different character, and that's the big draw for me with this character, as I said earlier, she's so changeable, and it makes for far more diversity than any of the other MH characters.


My other newest Clawdeen, Boo York Boo York Frightseers. I liked this girl's outfit but also purple lips and choppy cut bangs framing her face? She's CUTE!


I just think she's adorable. Her hairstyle is a bit all over the place, the front is gelled and cut really oddly so it sticks out all over the place but it lends her a degree of childishness to her face.
She also has very subtle eyemakeup which helps.

She's stinking adorable.


Another in the "could be a totally different character" list. Freak Du Chiq Clawdeen.

I waited and waited for these to drop in price, then they bloody disappeared from stores. Argh.
Thankfully they still had some stock, so I managed to get both this girl and Twyla.

She's basically grey and has pale purple hair, this is NOT Clawdeen as we've ever seen her.


And she's beautiful but I understand why some people were a bit... unimpressed by the paler skin tone. Unfortunate implications aside, I like to think she's Clawdeen's grey wolf cousin or something.
Heh.


I hate multipacks, mostly because usually I only want ONE doll out of the set and everyone else seems to only want that one doll as well. I object to having to pay twice the price and then having to try to flog the unwanted doll damnit.

Anyway,

The Scare and Makeup 2 pack featured a Viperine I just HATED (wth was with those blue snakes?) but a Clawdeen with a sweet young looking face and hair in TEAL and purple. freaking TEAL!?? we've not had a Clawdeen with teal hair before! sign me up baby!

Thankfully this two pack went on super clearance pretty damn quick so people had spares and packs they could split and so on.
I didn't want the hassle of offloading a Viperine I hated, so I bought just Clawdeen on her own second hand.


And oh man she's a cutie. Her outfit was pretty OTT and was a bit of a mess (it's on my Skull Shores Clawdeen atm) but with the interesting makeup and the cool streaked hair it just felt like too much going on in one doll. So she stole 13 wishes' partial outfit instead.

She's so sweet. Again, purple lips! It's my weakness. And purple and blue and gold eyeshadows with stars and moons. She suits the genie outfit with all the fantasy elements there.
Loooove her.


Maul Monsteristas Clawdeen.

Actually a multipack where I wanted ALL the dolls in it. Which is really rare, and astounding for a pack of 5. The UK of course didn't get this set, had to import it... bleh, but a lovely Canadian hooked me up so yaaaay.

I liked this Clawdeen. She has a mod 60s look and two toned hair which reminds me of a cross between her DOTD doll and her Scaremester doll.

I accessorised her a little, added a belt and a coat just to give her a bit more oomph.


My girl sadly has a wee bit of wonk, but for a 5 pack, well, it's really hard to make sure ALL of them are fine and considering the rest of the set are pretty much fine and her wonk isn't too awful, it's okay.
It really only hits you when you take a photo from the front like this, looking at her in person your eyes like.. gloss over the misprint, it's weird.

Her hair is cool. It's the more pale purple colour rather than the very rich brilliant purple of most of her dolls, and the same acid green we always see (I would love to see Clawdeen with some more green shades actually.) but she has bright green lips (always unusual) and pink and blue eyemakeup which is even odder.
She's a funny wee girl, but there's just something so vintage about her style. not just her dress, but her hairstyle and the two toned thing... she's just FUN.


Great Scarrier reef is yet another of the "not really Clawdeen" Clawdeens of late. Why on earth she's the only one of the line to have her skin tone changed well... it got people on tumblr a bit grumpy.
There was really no reason she couldn't be brown, but being purple made me want her. Not because she's purple, but because she looks like a whole new character so fell into my "different enough" box soooo easily.


The fact she's actually quite pretty helps.

She has teal and purple streaks like Scare and Makeup!


And finally, Fierce Rocker Clawdeen. The only Clawdeen to date with BLUE hair.
Well, it's actually blue and purple, but you know... Indigo hair maybe?
Either way, it's a unique hair colour for her and it looks awesome.


And she has this cool rocker makeup with a big ol' purple moon on her face, gold lips and purple eyebrows!
Eeeeee

Also she's wearing a skinned muppet.


Here's all the green gal's together.

I have a fondness for short hair and green heh.


My few "brunette with purple streaks", there's a LOT of these available so I tried to keep it to only the really really really stunning ones but nghhh... it was a hard decision to make.


This is the "purple" haired lot, there's a fair few.


The "natural hair colours" crew, with auburn, black or blonde streaks in otherwise brunette hair.


The blondes of course.

So many Clawdeens... and I love them all.


A pack of Clawdeens?

The terrible thing is though, that now I have all these, I find myself wondering if I should just bite the bullet and buy the last half dozen to have "all" of her dolls. Argh... the perils of obsession!

I'm going to drown in werewolves!

2 comments:

  1. That's an impressive army of Clawdeens! I knew there were a lot of variations out there, but I hadn't realized just how many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection! The ones I love the most are the short bobbed ones. Scaremester is perfect. A rare haircut in Monster High and fashion dolls in general, but she rocks it so well.
    I think you aren't missing any interesting clawdeens. Maybe you could get the 17 inch for the increased poseability (and decreased room space haha) and wait if any new release catches your attention.

    ReplyDelete