24 Oct 2014

Box of OMG - Ever After High Megabox


So, first things first, what the hell is a box of OMG?
Well, here in the UK they're a website that offers freebies. Boxes of random samples, advertising bamph, and so on and so forth.
Every few months they send out a box mostly full of fliers and advertisements, a tiny bag of Haribo (which is instantly claimed by one of my kids and devoured), stickers and trading cards, sometimes a book or a book sampler and every so often, some little toys as well.

Best of all, it's FREE.

You can go check it out right here:

http://www.boxofomg.tv/

There's also the Box of Awesome which is the exact same thing, only instead of pink sparkly "girl orientated" stuff (I hate the term boy toy and girl toy) it's more typically boyish stuff like wrestling and sports trading cards. http://www.boxofawesome.tv/

Interestingly, the pink box tends to be a bit more popular with my three sons lol. Probably because it often has more candy in it. as soon as a box arrives the younger two rush to the door and wait impatiently for me to open it, at which point a fight breaks out over the Haribo.

Anyway, several weeks ago OMG ran a contest to win a "megabox" themed around Ever After High.
The megaboxes are two or three times bigger than the regular boxes and often contain less samples, more actual products.
In this case, the big draw for me was a copy of the latest Ever After High book.

I and many others won (I think they had quite a few to give away so i'm not about to claim i'm hugely lucky) and I eagerly waited for my giant box to arrive.

Well arrive it did, so here's a little look at what came in my "thronecoming party megapack".


First off, it's a really pretty box! Covered in lovely EAH artwork.


Here's the back of the box giving a blurb about what EAH is and what Thronecoming is etc etc.
But of course, I wanna see what's INSIDE.


MASKS! Lots of card masks.
there's 6 of everything, presumably because you're supposed to be having a "party" with five friends to uh... watch the special thronecoming episode when it airs?

Or you can do what I do, and wear all 6 masks at once because you're super awesome like that and don't need no stinkin' friends hah.


This is the entire contents of the box. Honestly I wasn't expecting much so this was a pleasant surprise.

We have the book "The Unfairest of them all" which i'm looking forward to reading. Some instructions for hosting a party (unsocial people like me shall just ignore this), 6 invites, 6 masks, 6 activity cards and 6 contest entry cards to win dolls (oh heck yes i'm sending these off)

Oh yes, and 6 bracelets.


The activity sheet is one of those fortune telling things you put on your hands, i'm sure they have an official name but i'm old and it's been a loooong time since I was in a school yard using one of these.
Pick a symbol, pick a number, you're THIS character whee.... *waves hands mock-enthusiastically* or something.
It's kinda dumb but eh. Maybe some little girls would get a kick out of it.


The invites have nice artwork on them, and then you write your info in on the back. I'm not entirely sure why there's 6 of them when you're meant to invite 5 friends plus you.. unless you're meant to send yourself an invite? "Dear Monks, you are invited to your own party" well sweet, I was worried i'd shun me. We haven't been getting on recently. I didn't trust me not to be really catty and invite everyone except me just to make a point.

<_<


the final thing in the box are the bracelets. Now, I was expecting those crappy rubbery bracelets you usually get for free. You know, those "causes" ones that are just coloured rubbery stuff with words printed on them?
But no, these are actually kinda cool.

first off, the charm is actually a little metal heart (it's very thin and a bit flimsy but still!) while the actual bracelet is made of plastic.


I'm not sure WHY it's zipper themed, as I didn't think zips and EAH had anything to do with one another but hey, it's a random red and purple zipper bracelet, who am I to complain?

The latch that fastens it is really awkward to undo though, it's very stiff.


But omg the zipper actually works! Why? Why does it work? I don't know but it's awesome. I admit it, time was wasted zipping this up and down lol. Only problem is that the charm then moves from the "middle" of the bracelet to the edge and can't seem to be moved back again. But hey, it's a bloody zipper bracelet that zips and that for some reason makes me deliriously happy.

These things are cool. And they're just about big enough that I can actually wear them around my big swollen wrists. Even husband managed to get one on.



So that's the box of OMG. Well worth the nothing it cost me.
I have to get some time to sit and read the book, and then get all dressed up with all the bracelets bwhahaha.

No i'm not about to host a viewing party, but i'm sure happy with my box of freebies and i'll probably watch the episode on my own like the hermit loser I am. HAH. Hermit and proud!

So thank you Box of OMG! you guys rock!

The box, i'm totally gonna store some doll stuff in because it's too pretty not to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment